Monday, November 19, 2012

We've got big (birthday) balls!



My ninjas,

Despite my absence of late (again), I assure you things are hopping here at the Camp of the Praetorians.  We are elbow deep in our Toys for Tots campaign and this weekend 3/25 celebrated its 237th Marine Corps birthday ball. Our guest of honor was none other than the 17th Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps, SgtMaj Mike Barrett. Good times were had by all.  Pictures to follow when I get them.

Until then, content yourselves with some dress blues.
 In the meantime, enjoy Thanksgiving week and Black Friday. I will be deeply invested in one and blithely ignoring the other.

Semper Fidelis!
America's SgtMaj

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! to you and all your kith and kin.

-Grimmy

Sisu said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving SgtMaj.

Timmons said...

Are you front and center because you were the eldest Marine on deck for your ball?

America's SgtMaj. said...

Grimmy, and you!

Sisu, I intend to. Mostly I'm for the eating and not doing stuff.

Timmons, this is a picture from Marine Week 2012. It is intended to tide you over until I post Marine Corps ball photos.

Mark said...

Hope you have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!!

Leslie said...

Hope your Turkey day was happy, even if the turkey didn't enjoy it so much....

Eric said...

Regards from NYC, keep up your work!

Semper Fi!